Our Apprenticeship Ambassador Scheme sees current and former Apprentices from a number of organisations supporting the work of Oxfordshire Apprenticeships by volunteering to help young people and their families and employers to understand the benefits of Apprenticeships. They do this by attending events such as careers fairs, school assemblies and employer briefings to tell their stories and share what they’ve learned, giving people the opportunity to hear real life success stories first-hand, ask questions and talk openly about what it’s like to be an Apprentice.
Apprenticeship Ambassadors attend a training and preparation day to prepare them for their role by brushing up on presentation skills and practicing giving a talk about themselves.
- Electrical Apprentice at Darke & Taylor Mat on That's Oxon TV promoting the OA Awards - Jan 2017
- Apprenticeship Ambassador Sophie inspires female scientists of the future at Dunn School event - Dec 2016
- Apprenticeship Ambassador Grace wins our University of Oxford 'New Apprentice' Award - Dec 2016
- Highly Commended for Apprenticeship Champion Laura at the National Apprenticeship Awards regional finals - Oct 2016
- Welcome new Apprenticeship Ambassadors! - Oct 2016
Watch this video to see some of our Ambassadors talking about their experiences...