Apprenticeships – working for you. Q&A and Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2020 Launch
The 4th Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards will be held at Williams F1 Conference Centre on Thursday 2nd April 2020.
In addition to marking the official opening of the awards, this event on 23rd October from 8-10am at Oxford Science Park will provide a forum for discussion around Apprenticeships and some of the current challenges. Book your place at: https://oaawards2020launch.eventbrite.co.uk
Do Apprenticeships work for you?
“High Spec Composites wouldn’t be the company it is today without each and every one of our Apprentices. We know how vital Apprentices can be to the growth and development of a business.” Sarah Jaycock, Executive Director at High Spec Composites, Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2020 headline sponsor.
Join us to discuss:
- Challenges with employing Apprentices
- Training provision and access to suitable training in Oxfordshire
- Apprenticeship levy and use of unspent funds
- Recruitment in a labour market with almost 100% employment
Find out how OxLEP Skills can support with addressing challenges:
- Support for SMEs with identifying and addressing skills requirements through our Skills 4 Business (S4B) programme
- How we are collecting intelligence through S4B with the intention to inform and influence local provision
- Help and support for employers to engage with local young people through our Careers Hub and work with schools and the Careers & Enterprise Company
- How our work experience service can support you to offer work placements
We are delighted that the event will take place at Oxford Science Park, one of the most influential science and technology environments in the UK.
We are also pleased to announce that the event will be chaired by Simon Newton, Managing Director of Darke & Taylor, who will once again be hosting the Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards in 2020.
- Sarah Jaycock, Executive Director, High Spec Composites - headline sponsor
- Nairne Barker, Administrative Support Officer, Oxfordshire County Council – Oxfordshire Apprentice of the Year 2019
- Richard Byard, Director of Business Development, OxLEP
- Jacqui Canton, Deputy Principal, Abingdon & Witney College
Further panellists to be announced in due course.
- 8am: arrival, breakfast and networking
- 8:30am: Q&A begins
- 9:30am: Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards launch
- 10am: finish
Book your place at: https://oaawards2020launch.eventbrite.co.uk