Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2020 open for entries and nominations
Business leaders, Apprentices and education providers came together on 23rd October for the Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2020 launch, part of an Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership (OxLEP) Apprenticeship Q&A and skills forum.
The launch event – held at the Sadler Building at Oxford Science Park and led by OxLEP Skills – saw previous winners, potential 2020 award applicants and key players from across the Oxfordshire skills ‘landscape’ come together to discuss the success of Apprenticeships and some of the challenges businesses may face in offering them.
Titled: ‘Apprenticeships – working for you’, the breakfast event saw a guest panel share their experiences and advice on apprenticeships alongside a question and answer session, as well as the official awards launch.
The Q&A featured guest panellists; Sarah Jaycock - Executive Director of headline sponsor High Spec Composites, Nairne Barker - Administrative Support Officer at Oxfordshire County Council and Oxfordshire Apprentice of the Year 2019, Richard Byard - Director of Business Development at OxLEP, Jacqui Canton - Deputy Principle at Abingdon & Witney College and Clive Shepherd - Apprenticeships Manager at University of Oxford.
The event launch saw the following 11 awards categories announced:
- Intermediate Apprentice of the Year - sponsored by Abbott Diabetes Care
- Advanced Apprentice of the Year - sponsored by Nielsen
- Higher Apprentice of the Year - sponsored by Blenheim
- Special Recogniton Award - sponsored by Popham Hairdressing
- Shining Star Award - sponsored by Integration Technology
- School Award - sponsored by Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Work Experience Employer Award - sponsored by OxLEP Skills
- Apprenticeship Employer Award (<10 employees) - sponsored by University of Oxford Print Studio
- Apprenticeship Employer Award (<50 employees) - sponsored by The Burnside Partnership
- Apprenticeship Employer Award (50+ employees) - sponsored by Clarkson Evans
- Apprenticeship Ambassador Award - sponsored by Oxford Brookes University
The overall Apprentice of the Year will be chosen from the winners of the Apprentice Award categories by headline sponsor High Spec Composites.
That's Oxfordshire TV report on the launch event (24 October)
The Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2020 are open for entries and nominations until midnight on Monday 20th January. See the Awards page for details.
Join us on Twitter @OxonApprentice for Oxfordshire Apprenticeships Hour (#OAHour) from 1pm every Thursday for latest on the Awards and join in the conversation using the hashtag #OAAwards2020.