Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2021 now open
The Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2021 were declared open for entries and nominations at a virtual launch event on Tuesday 3rd November.
The event started with a look forward at Apprenticeships and some of the investments that OxLEP and training providers have made, including Oxfordshire Advanced Skills and the new Abingdon & Witney Construction Skills Centre in Bicester. The audience also heard how local employers Oxford Biomedica and Aspire Oxford are using Apprenticeships to recruit and develop staff.
The Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2021 were introduced by Simon Newton, Managing Director at Darke & Taylor, with contributions from Sarah Jaycock, Executive Director at headline sponsor High Spec Composites, Apprentice of the Year Teya Agnese and employer winners Hannah Bladen from Ignite Sport UK and Caroline Cookson from Thames Valley Police.
The awards categories for 2021 are listed below. Please see the Awards page for fill details of how to enter or nominate.
- School Award - sponsored by Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- School Engagement Employer Award - sponsored by OxLEP Skills
- Higher Apprentice of the Year - sponsored by Blenheim
- Advanced Apprentice of the Year - sponsored by Nielsen
- Intermediate Apprentice of the Year - sponsored by Abbott Diabetes Care
- Special Recognition Award - sponsored by Popham Hairdressing
- Apprenticeship Employer of the Year (250+ employees) - sponsored by Clarkson Evans
- Apprenticeship Employer of the Year (less than 250 employees) - sponsored by The Burnside Partnership
- Apprenticeship Employer of the Year (less than 50 employees) - sponsored by University of Oxford Print Studio
- Shining Star Award - sponsored by Integration Technology Ltd
- Apprenticeship Champion Award - sponsored by Oxford Brookes University
The overall Apprentice of the Year will be chosen from the winners of the four Apprentice Awards by headline sponsor High Spec Composites.
Join the conversation
Join us for Oxfordshire Apprenticeships Hour (#OAHour) on Twitter @OxonApprentice from 1pm every Thursday for latest on the Awards and join in the conversation using the hashtag #OAAwards2021.