Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards
Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2020
We are sorry to announce that this year’s Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards – due to take place on Thursday 2 April at Williams F1 Conference Centre – has been rescheduled for this autumn (1 October).
This is as a direct result of the recent Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and follows a request from the venue, in-line with their current company policy.
Though we understand this will be disappointing news for our finalists, sponsors and event guests, we do believe it to be the right decision given the current climate and due to the fact that the Awards would see several hundred people in attendance – some of whom will have travelled globally in recent weeks.
The provisional date for the rescheduled awards is Thursday 1 October at the same venue. We will be in touch with all parties in due course with further information.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this rescheduling.
Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards finalists
The finalists in each category are listed below. Congratulations to them all!
Intermediate Apprentice of the Year - sponsored by Abbott Diabetes Care
- Teya Agnese, Apprentice Clinical Trial Support Officer – University of Oxford
- Simon Cooper, Project Administration Apprentice - Activate Learning
- Deanne Hope-Fowler, Meetings and Events Sales Office Manager – Jurys Inn Oxford
Advanced Apprentice of the Year – sponsored by Nielsen
- Melissa Chigubu, eDrive Apprentice - GKN Automotive
- Kerrie-Jo O'Flynn, Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration, Testing, (M.A.I.T) Technician Apprentice – Oxford Space Systems
- Sophie Pomroy, Business Administration Apprentice - Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Higher/Degree Apprentice of the Year - sponsored by Blenheim
- Mandy Hallifax, Specialist Nurse Sonographer / ANP Trainee - Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Aden Rawlings, Chartered Manager Degree Apprentice – Nielsen
- Amy Stirton, Nursing Associate Trainee – Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Special Recognition Award – sponsored by Popham Hairdressing
- Kameca Gayle, Business Administration Apprentice, Oxfordshire County Council
- William Meredith, Apprentice Carpenter, Taylor Wimpey Oxfordshire
- Autumn Walsh, Project Support Officer, Oxfordshire County Council
Apprenticeship Ambassador Award – sponsored by Oxford Brookes University
To be given to one of the Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Ambassadors in recognition of outstanding commitment and achievement.
Shining Star Award - sponsored by Integration Technology
- Jack Dobson, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Katie Lay, South Oxfordshire District Council
- Luke Mattam, Oxfordshire County Council
School Award – sponsored by Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Carterton Community College
- Icknield Community College
- King Alfred’s Academy
Work Experience Employer of the Year Award - sponsored by OxLEP Skills
- The Barr Group
Micro Apprenticeship Employer Award (<10 employees) - sponsored by University of Oxford Print Studio
- The Skincare Clinic
- Chris Evans Witney
- The Money Consultancy Limited
Small Apprenticeship Employer Award (<50 employees) - sponsored by The Burnside Partnership
- Computer Assistance
- Ignite Sport UK
Large Apprenticeship Employer Award (50+ employees) - sponsored by Clarkson Evans
- Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Thames Valley Police
Oxfordshire Apprentice of the Year Award – sponsored by headline sponsors High Spec Composites
To be chosen by the headline sponsor from the winners of the other Apprentice Award categories.
Welcome to the Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2020
Am I eligible to enter?
See the Awards eligibility criteria for full details about all the categories, including the endorsements you will require as part of your entry.
What are the timescales?
The Awards closed to entries on 20th January. The category sponsors will now assess the applications and carry out visits to entrants. A judging meeting will take place on Tuesday 25th February to agree the finalists in each category, who will be announced during Oxfordshire Apprenticeships Hour (#OAHour) on Twitter from 1pm on Thursday 5th March, during National Careers Week. Winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony, which will take place in the evening of Thursday 2nd April at Williams F1 Conference Centre. Make sure you keep the date free!
I have a question!
If you’d like to ask anything about the Awards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are really grateful to our sponsors, including our headline sponsor High Spec Composites, category sponsors Abbott Diabetes Care, Nielsen, Blenheim, Popham Hairdressing, Integration Technology, Oxford Brookes University, , Integration Technology Ltd, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, OxLEP Skills, University of Oxford Print Studio, The Burnside Partnership and Clarkson Evans and to our other generous sponsors and supporters, who are listed below:
- Awards Sponsor (venue) - Williams F1
- Awards Sponsor (design & print) - University of Oxford Print Studio
- Awards Sponsor - Darke & Taylor
- Awards Sponsor - SST Technology
- Awards Supporter - Oxfordshire County Council
- Awards Supporter - Maylarch
If you’re interested in sponsoring the Awards, please get in touch!
Spread the word…
Please help us to let people know about the Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards! Please use the hashtag #OAAwards2020 and let’s get people talking!
We are looking forward to receiving lots of fantastic entries and celebrating the achievements of Oxfordshire's amazing Apprentices!
- Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2020 deadline extended - January 2020
- SMEs encouraged to enter the Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards this Small Business Saturday - November 2019
- Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2020 open for entries and nominations - October 2019
- Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2020 sponsors announced - October 2019